Three BRFAL Chapter Members (2 en-training) and my teenage daughter went to the Dan River Basin Association (DRBA) Rivers and Bugs Summit in Patrick Springs Virginia!
Thank you to all of our presenters: Jason McGee (Forestry & Smokey the Bear), Infinity Acres (Green Tourism), Nguzo Saba (African Rhythms and Rivers), Brian Williams (Long-bellied Friends), Scott Martin (Primland Environmental Stewardship), Wayne Kirkpatrick (Teaching with Bugs & Trout in the Classroom), Minnie Moore (Organic Gardening in Schools), Melissa Coe and Sue Fields (Wildlife Rehabilitation), Lynn Pritchett (Treasure Chests of the Dan), Dr David Jones (Keynote speaker).
RECREATION CONSERVATION EDUCATION
- Visit the DRBA website and learn more about this awesome organisation here.
- Learn about Trout in the Classroom program here "Connecting Students with their watersheds"
- Visit Primland - a Blue Ridge Mountain resort click here
- Learn more about our Virginia State Forests here
- Infinity Acres Ranch - Green Virginia Tourism here
- Learn more about Streamside Buffer Zones "Like Money in the Bank" here
- Piedmont Wildlife Rehab website here
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
DRBA has a really cool online store where you can purchase: