Warmer than normal weather means a summer time threat is already coming out early: ticks.
Read the article here
Some precautions to take when you are outside:
- STAY ON THE TRAILS!
- STAY OUT OF THE GRASS AND TALL SHRUBS
- WEAR CLOSED TOED SHOES AND SOCKS
- TUCK YOUR PANT LEGS INTO YOUR SOCK
- USE INSECT REPELLENT
- DO A TICK CHECK DAILY (inspect yourself in front of a mirror if possible)
- TICK CHECK YOUR PET
- USE A TICK REPELLENT SUCH AS FRONTLINE PLUS ON YOUR PETS
Be Safe! Tick-Borne diseases are no laughing matter.
WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE VIRGINIA MASTER NATURALIST PROGRAM? Click here