This is an approved Advanced Training Opportunity for Virginia Master Naturalists!
The 2011 Rivers & Bugs Summit will be held in Patrick Springs on June 25 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
|BRFAL Chapter Virginia Master Naturalists Training|
This exciting summit will feature a catered lunch, give-aways for every person present, and free raffle tickets for great door prizes. Fun and fast-paced summit sessions include:
* "African Rhythms and Rivers," an energizing workshop by Nguzo Saba demonstrating rhythms of the Mali region and ancient connections to the Niger River.
* "Headwaters of the Mayo" led by forester Jason McGhee on the unique landscape of the headwaters.
* "Virginia Green Tourism" led by Infinity Acres exhibiting the benefits of being a Virginia Green tourist attraction.
* "Organic Gardening in Schools" led by award-winning educator, Minnie Moore.
* "Environmental Stewardship at the Headwaters" led by the director of sustainability at Primland, an eco-conscious and thoughtfully designed resort for environmental stewardship.
* "Our Longbellied Friends" led by award-winning environmental educator, Brian Williams. He'll prove to you that snakes are your friend!
* "Teaching with Bugs." DRBA President, Wayne Kirkpatrick, brings this workshop to life with the creatures who wander the rivers and streams.
* "Wildlife Walks Among Us "Melissa Coe, Certified Wildlife Rehabilitator will bring her woodchucks, Hansel & Gretel, and present "a day in the life of a wildlife rehabber".
* "Watershed Stewardship: Treasure Chests of the Dan" Master Naturalist, Lynn Pritchett, will introduce a host of natural treasures found across the valley.
* "Found Objects: Art and Nature" led by one or more artists from Patrick County Partnership for the Arts will help participants create a piece from natural (and not so natural) found objects.
* And more!
The day will conclude with a quick round of door prize drawings (free raffle) and a standing ovation for DRBA members—because you make all this work possible.
The Rivers and Bugs Summit begins at 10:00 a.m. and concludes at 3:00 p.m. on June 25. Our host facility is Patrick Springs Pentecostal Church located near beautiful Stuart, Virginia.
Rivers & Bugs is made possible with support from the Virginia Environmental Endowment, The Harvest Foundation, Market America, Patrick Springs Pentecostal Church, Workshop Presenters, and DRBA members.
Register online here. Learn more about Dan River Basin Association (DRBA) here. Jenny said any BRFAL Members that sign up on the day of the event to join DRBA will receive a free water bottle and tshirt and admission to the event and catered lunch free! This includes admission and lunch for one guest as well! What are you waiting for? I will see y'all there!